[amayausers.com] Re: #16 needle cylinder

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:56:55 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/477.html#000011

Manufacturing Defect, no problem. That's what the warranty is for.
If customer makes a mistake and sews into the hoop and the reciprocator breaks,
then that's a Melco call.
I'm all for helpin' a brother out when possible but we customers (I own two
Amayas also) make mistakes, we can't expect Melco to pay the costs associated.
It was clear to me that he had set the hoop size to one that was larger than
what was on the machine.  This was common practice when sewing on older
machines such as the EMC line, but tracing the design within the hoop before
sewing was always a necessity.  Can't begin to tell you how many bent or broken
presser feet I have changed as a result of this habit.
I look forward to the day that the machine will be able to detect what hoop is
actually on the machine at any given time.  I understand some of the home
machines have this incorporated into them,...  maybe someday we'll see it on
Amaya's too.
As for helpin' out a brother, as others can attest, call me anytime and I'll do
my best to help out.
Ed Orantes
Melco Tech & Trainer