[alpaca_fibre] Re: FW: Sire Reference Program

  • From: Ian Watt <alpacaconsult@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alpaca_fibre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:13:56 -0700

Ted,
Great idea but (isn't there always a but!) I would need to get approval
from ARI to have the samples compared - I wonder whether ARI has that
ability as I suspect some privacy issues may be at issue.
I will chase it up with ARI though.
Cheers,
Ian
On Sunday, Apr 18, 2004, at 21:55 US/Pacific, Theodore Chepolis wrote:

> Ian and Ruthanne,
>
> Here's a thought which in practice may prove unwieldy and costly: what
> if
> DNA testing were combined with the follicle test to ensure the sample
> actually came from the identified stud?  As you rightly pointed out,
> Ian,
> this is not a "red under every bed" observation, but a suggestion to
> how the
> process can maintain objectivity.
>
> Take care,     TED CHEPOLIS

>>> more
>>> soon.
>>>
>>> Wishing you nothing but the best,
>>>
>>> Ruthanne
>>>
>>> Ruthanne McCaslin,  DVM
>>> Promised Land Farm Alpacas
>>> Chardon,  Ohio
>>> www.blackalpaca.com

>> that

>> -
>> copy
>> and

>> the

>> Genesis

List Name: Alpaca Fibre Production
ListAddress: alpaca_fibre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
List Administrator: Ian Watt (alpacaconsult@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

"unsubscribe" (without the quotes) in the Subject line of the email.