[ai_group] Re: sending e-mail

  • From: "David Garner" <dgarner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ai_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:27:25 -0500

Dr.X,

I'm going to combine several replies here.

>But like I said, I thought every one was working on using the yahoo
group.

I'm not in love with Yahoo.  They can keep their ads as far as I'm
concerned.  If you have something similar or better, I'm all for it.
Like I said, I'm interested in the table or equivalent to try and keep
score on what's been proposed.

>I'll probably also archive all the mail since I still have all of them
in
>the form of txt files.

Freelists.org has an archive of the list messages.  Unless you want to
do some processing that's easier in some format, I don't see any reason
to make another archive.

> Do you want me to set you up with a cyberenhanced.com email address?
It's
> pop3 and smtp if that will help.

Sounds like what he needs.

>Thanks Dave, I had to work with BLAT back in 1996 and I was hoping to
avoid > using it.

John,

I'm not suggesting using Blat.  I just used it as a reference to verify
how some things are done.  It has a lot more power than I needed for my
project.  I doubt you'll need all that it offers either.  Maybe you'll
want all it has to offer.  If not, just code it in BCX.  (Easy for me to
say.  I've not tried it, but I think it should be pretty straight
forward.)

David Garner