[adtools] Re: FYI: Amiga port of subversion checked in

  • From: Sebastian Bauer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:32:23 +0200

Hi!

Olaf Barthel <olsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> > I've just checked in Olaf Barthel's amiga port of subversion 1.1.4 into
the
> > subversion drawer of trunk.
> >
> > @Olaf:
> > There were some strange modifications in the source that contained some
> > subversion reserved keywords (e.g., $Id$ in strings). I tried to keep
these
> as
> > there were used in the original file, i.e., I didn't apply your changes
> > (unless I missed something).
>
> What exactly did you find, and where?

For instance the file in subversion/tests/libsvn_wc/translate-test.c
originally contained
    "Line 9: Valid $Author$, started unexpanded.",
while in your port it contains
    "Line 9: Valid $Author: olsen $, started unexpanded.",
I did not spot anything like this in relevant code (this seems to be only test
code), but maybe I missed some places.

> > There is also a vendor import of the version for quickly comparing the
> changes
> > and to help bumping the amiga version to more recent versions of
subversion.

> I hope you imported the entire archive's worth of content, including the
> middleware libraries (neon, apr, apr-util among them). Some of these
> contain Amiga-specific modifications which the subversion port relies
> upon to work.

Yes, it should compile right of the box using the makefiles (as your port
did). Ideally, these dependencies should be moved out of that directory, but
it can be done when the time allows.

Bye,
Sebastian

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools