[access-uk] webbie functionality

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:16:58 +0100

Hi all.

I am currently trying out thunder screenreader, mainly because I have
recently got hold of a laptop and can use it to test programs without
risking damage to my main PC.  This has lead me to downloading Webbie for
webg browsing.

I have been using other parts of the webbie sweet such as BBC listen again
and the bbc radio player for some time.

As I understand it, you can use Webbie to move from form to form on a page
and to move between what is referred to as "headlines".  Is this supposed to
be the same thing as moving to the next or previous HTML header?

Also, there does not appear to be a way of moving between frames.  This
seems particularly problematic when using shopping sites such as Sainsburys
and tesco which require frames.  Yes I know there is the Tesco Access site
but I choose not to use this.

I know Webbie is quite a basic browsing program, but I just wanted to check
I had a good idea of its functionality.

Regards

Graham Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493