[access-uk] Re: ssound blaster audidgy 1 or 2? and alternatives

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:14:07 +0100

Hi,

I would be interested in a long-term sound card solution that doesn't just fall
off the market with support/drivers etc.  Creative were good at this, but like
Steve says its become less good now with drivers being buggy on occasions
(though for what I use them for I have no issues).  I used Turtle Beach Montego
2which was possibly the best board I owned, but like some of the Creative
products Windows XP support was non-existant, meaning a change of card less
than a full year after I paid for the Turtle Beach card.

One thing I like about the Audigy is that my Audigy 2 works in linux with no
issues apart from a few Alsa reconfigurations, whereas my onboard Realtek sound
chip won't.

I get around Midi by using the Virtual Sound Canvas under Windows.

Thanks.
Andrew.