[access-uk] napster

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:38:08 -0000

Hi Steve

I've had a little play with Napster myself and I've managed to purchase tracks etc but the player interface isn't great and I certainly don't want to start importing all of my media files into their software and use it as my main player. I know it's a roundabout way of doing things, but Total Recorder's Virtual Sound Driver will do the little job you were asking about in a previous message, and it will be quicker if you use accelerated recording mode :). This is the only way to do it I've found.

By the way, have you found any way to get rid of the Napster Home Page when you first sign in, so that you can look at the local files stored in your computer? I haven't managed it, I just have to make sure that I don't sign in until I'm ready to do something that won't display that page. I really hope one of the legal music download services like Napster comes out with a completely screen-reader accessible client at some stage. I would certainly be a far more regular user of their services if the software wasn't such a total pain.