[access-uk] Re: mike and headphones

  • From: "goshawk on horseback" <dj.goshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:27:18 +0100

is it a realtec sound card by any chance?
I ask, as I also had problems trying to get mics to work on a friends
machine, which had a realtec card. it wouldn't work with any of the mics I
tried in it's mic socket.
for a really good USB mic, I would very highly recommend the blue snowball.
it isn't the cheapest, but it has to be one of the best. and because it has
a good pick up, you could use cordless headphones and move around a bit if
you wanted to, and it should still pick you up.

Simon