[access-uk] Re: magic desktop etc

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 23:18:22 +0200 (CEST)

Jim, I don't know this program Magic Desktop at all, but have you searched your
whole system for possible files? For example, you may find some in your
%appdata% folder. Add/Remove Programs doesn't always do a thorough job of
removing everything, which is why I like Revo Uninstaller, which has a free
version and is pretty much accessible with a screen reader.

Vince.

Vince.
Message Received: Apr 03 2014, 02:14 PM
From: "Jim McAuslan"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: magic desktop etc

HI Tony,
I deleted the relevant bits from my programs
list but I'm still getting notification of the update.
Not quite sure how to proceed now.

Jim Mc
On 03/04/2014 11:04, tony scanlon wrote:
Hi Jim
Is it a HP laptop by any chance. If so I just deleted that program recently by
gong into the control panel and add remove programs.
If its the same one as me it is just a visual effect for making your desktop
look more attractive and of no value to us and probably slows down your system.
Tony

On 3 April 2014 10:25, Jim McAuslan  wrote:
Hi List,

I keep on getting a software notification for Magic, not the FS product but
something called magic desktop. How do I get rid of this application and of the
notification.
Cheers.

--
Jim McAuslan from sunny Findhorn
Minds are like parachutes!

This email has been scanned by iomartcloud.
http://www.iomartcloud.com