[access-uk] Re: Quick question about web page application regions for any Windows Eyes users.

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 21:16:39 +0100

Thanks, Sandra.

As it happened, I put in a simple fix which is... make the letter capital
so that the SHIFT key is pressed, therefore there's no possible chance of
it interfering which screenreader hotkeys.
Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier in the week, but apparently
it's fine. This isn't the actual application, but it's a mockup to demo
what I'm talking about:
http://goo.gl/7aQDxK

Hopefully it works the same for all screen reader users here. I've tested
with JAWS and NVDA with IE and Firefox, and Chromevox too. All work. As for
Windows Eyes... well to be honest, I'm about ready to give up on it. I try
to test as many screenreaders as possible, but all the pop up error boxes,
slowness, crashing and general unintuitiveness is putting me right off.

But if you've got a working copy, I'd appreciated knowing if SHIFT and B
activates the B button and alert message for you in Windows Eyes.

Thanks!