[access-uk] Re: jaws saying star

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:50:55 -0000

Hi Andy,

I've got to go out for a while, but suggest you try and
track down new drivers for the ATI Radeon 9200SE.  I suspect
what you have may be quite old by today's standards.

However, BEWARE.  You may well loose JAWS and have to
re-install.

George.

Edition.

> It's the Packard Bell imed 1901 p4 3.2
>
> Within Display/Settings/Advanced/Adaptor, it says:
>
> Radion 9200 s e
> Device Type: Display Adaptor
> Manufacturer: ATI Technologies inc.
> Location: pc i bus 1
> Device 0
> Function 0
>

> Is this of any help George?
>
> Andy

or
> > actually a Media Centre?
> >
> > Is it running XP Home, Professional or XP Media Edition?
> > find out, right click on My Computer, and select
Properties.
> > If it turns out to be an XP Media edition, I think you
may
> > need to contact S&S for further advice.
> >
> > If it's XP Home or Professional, go to Control Panel,
> > Display, Settings Tab, Advanced button, and see what is
says
> > for Adapter.
> >
> > George.

see
> > if I
> >> could find any details regarding my graphics card but
> > could
> >> not find anything.  Can you tell me where to look and
I'll

> >> try and check it out.
> >>
> >> Not too happy with this new computer George.  It's a
> > Packard
> >> Bell Media 1 and it cost me Â999 from PC World.  I got
it
> >> because my old Packard Bell caused no problems.
Perhaps I

> >> should have got the Dell right enough.  I'm having
> > problems
> >> witth jaws and with Nero and I'm on my second keyboard.
> > In
> >> addition, the computer keeps crashing and I must have
sent

> >> about 50 reports back to Microsoft.  I'm loathed to
take
> > it
> >> back to PC World for all they will do is Restore it.
> >>
> >> Best wishes.
> >> Andy

still
> > not