[access-uk] Re: headset query.

  • From: Michael A Ray <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:41:39 +0100

Do you suppose then that when someone is driving a car they NEVER take their hands off the wheel even for a fraction of a second? Perhaps to sneeze? Or to change gear?

Raising your hand to press a small button on a headset to answer a call surely takes no more time than taking your left hand off the wheel to change gear?

There's such a thing as taking this too far. Pretty soon it will be illegal to talk to the person sitting next to the driver because that's distracting.

On 13/04/2014 16:56, Broxi72 wrote:
Hi guys, I have always wondered if bluetooth headsets are totally safe using
in cars?.

If a car driver is wearing a bluetooth headset whilst driving his or her
motor car, and a call comes in. How on earth can the driver answer the call
safely. The driver should have both hands on the steering wheel at all
times.

In that case, as the driver would have to raise one hand in the general
direction of the headset in order to answer the incoming call. It cannot be
total safe.

Billy

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Ham Radio Call-sign: G4XBF, licensed since 1982

The box said: 'install Windows XP, 7 or better'. So I installed Linux

Raspberry VI:
http://www.raspberryvi.org/
NVDA, the best free screen-reader in the world:
http://www.nvda-project.org/