[access-uk] Re: digital TV with audio description

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:06:25 +0100

I'd only add to the informative post below that I'm not in a position
to get Sky, at least not directly, where I live, that is, if I did
want it.  Still having a little sight, I can manage to set up
recordings - well, if I take the time to learn, (smile).

From the recording angle, then it would seem that posts from Brian
Hargen suggest that the Netgem Tuners for computers are the way to go
if you need accessible recording facilities.  that does involve having
a PC, but there are many quiet ones available now.  There may well be
advantage in using a Media Center PC too, but I believe JfW users need
the 'Pro' version of JAWS to use that.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:

From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>