[access-uk] Re: badly designed websites

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:37:10 -0000

Totally agree Dave. It's much more intuitive to have a link that just says where you're going. (The word "Link" says it all).

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Monday, January 05, 2009 6:56 PM (UK time), David Russell at david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi all,

We have all become accustomed to poor design with regard to the
inaccessibility of websites, but you would think by now that those
specifically for visually impaired people would have some idea of
good and bad practice.

I have had cause to use Cobolt systems website of late and, although
it is not at all difficult to find your way around, it has one very
basic and, to me, infuriating problem.  all the links say "click to
online shop" or "click to news page".  firstly, most of us do not
mouse click at all, but, much more importantly, if all links say
click to, which is totally unnecessary, this means you cannot look
for the online shop by searching for links beginning with the letter
o.

I intend to write to Cobolt and see what they have to say, but I do
wonder if this annoys others or should we just make the best of the
situation?  To my mind, this could be put right fairly easily, and I
can't believe that no one has yet pointed it out to Cobolt.

any comments?

David