[access-uk] Re: Windows XP validation

  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:31:41 +0100

Hi,

Whilst my experiences with registering over the phone have on the whole
been good, I find it very fustrating having to key in numbers and then
get them to give me numbers back.  Unfortunately for a while last year
Internet activation just would not work over our firewall, as I routed
all DNS queries through a server using the DNSCache program, and as
Microsoft have some inconsistencies in their DNS the program would not
resolve the queries.  However, since changing settings in December it
now works, and I am very glad I have it - it takes seconds rather than
minutes.

However, having said this, when I have had issues with the initial
registration, the people have just without questions just given me a new
code over the phone without the automated process - almost they give out
the codes like sweets - not a job I would want to be doing!

Thanks.
Andrew.