[access-uk] Windows XP validation

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:21:00 +0100

Hello everyone,

Has anyone downloaded Microsoft's anti-spyware program?  It is currently in
beta and can be found at:

I am having problems with the download on my Toshiba satellite A60 laptop
running windows XP Home.  You are advised to have your windows XP
installation validated before download can begin, and this is done with a
file called
GenuineCheck.exe which scans your installation and generates a validation
code which can either be copied and pasted or typed into the editbox on the
page and then you select the continue button.  when I did this I was told
the validation code was not accepted and more information was required.  I
was then prompted to enter my product key on the installation CD.  this
also was not accepted and further information was asked for, such as the
manufacture of the computer.

As I purchased the computer from dolphin I contacted their support
department with details of my problem.  Apart from this, everything is fine
and the system is fully updated.  Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett