[access-uk] Re: Windows XP validation

  • From: "kevin and emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:09:43 +0100

oh genius! well i hope they do something about their custoemr support
helpline before that happens! after my reformat last week, we couldn't get
the internet registration to work despite the fact my product key has been
stuck to the side of my pc since the day i bought it and worked before. so
we thought we'd ring customer support here in the UK. brilliant idea! ...
not! either we were just unlucky, or microsoft are one of those companies
who transfer your call abroad to a call centre in a cheaper country. we
spoke to 3 people over an hour and a half period, all sounded japanese or
malaysian. and no offense meant to any people on the list from either place.
but their english was minimal, their understanding of pc's even less so, and
their ability to even take down my product key accurately, non existent!!
now maybe as i said we were just unlucky, but if that's anything like
typical, then god help us all if we have to telephone in the future to
register!!
we did get my winXP copy registered on about the 43rd attempt, using the
same product key we'd been using on the other 42 attempts. i don't condone
piracy, but after that evening i can understand why some people can't be
bothered with the hassle of authorising a genuine copy. smile. seriously
though, it's no fun sitting there trying to register a genuine product you
know is genuine and that has been in use for 3 years, and when you ring
someone who is supposed to help, you find they seem to know even less than
you do!

sorry all! rant over now! grin.
kevin - co-owner/moderator of the blind gamers discussion list
email/msn: kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx