[access-uk] Re: Winamp and Windows Vista

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:26:43 -0000

Hi, I didn't see this option either.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 10:57 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Winamp and Windows Vista

Thanks for the warning, Chris. I have been using Winamp 5.5 on this XP machine without any problems and was about to install it on my Vista laptop this morning. But after reading
your comments I will not rush into doing so.

I notice that they have changed the installer considerably and I don't remember having the chancce to select the Classic skin - which I always use But that should not affect the
accessibility of the Preferences dialogue etc.

Douglas
.

On 10 Nov 2007 at 1:53, Chris Hallsworth wrote:

Hi all,
First of all, sorry for the cross posting. I need urgent help, please, see
below.
I had major problems using Winamp with Windows Vista such that I had to
uninstall it and use Windows Media Player for now. However, I don't like
Windows Media Player; it's too cluttered, and not as keyboard friendly as
Winamp. The major problems I had were:
1. Every time I close Winamp, I am asked to send an error report to
Microsoft. This did not happen on my old XP machine.
2. Some dialogues, such as the Winamp Preferences dialogue box and Jump to Time dialogue box, are not as accessible as they were on my old XP machine. I've tried to use both the modern and classic skins, with the same results.
This was using Winamp 5.5.
I am asking, therefore, has anyone successfully used Winamp on a Windows
Vista machine? If not, can you suggest an alternative player that is both
keyboard friendly and not so cluttered?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Chris Hallsworth

--