[access-uk] Re: WINAMP QUESTION

  • From: "Peter Logue" <castle2008@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:28:03 +0100

Hi Richard,
When I launch Winamp and hit Shift plus L to open a specific folder, my
instance of winamp will always go to that same folder whenever I re-launch it.
Even if I re-boot the system, Winamp will  open at the same folder. In fact, if
I hit the spacebar, the song I last left playing will continue. I think this is
the way Winamp is supposed to work. Are you using Shift plus the letter L to
locate a music folder?
As to finding it on your desktop. Well what I have done is,  I've been to the
desktop, created a shortcut for my winamp, then I've cut it to the clipboard.
Then I've opened the start menu and pasted it into the start menu. Since there
are a number of icons in there that start with the letter W, I have affixed
the number 4 to my winamp icon. Now, even if I'm in OE or MS Word and I want to
bring Winamp to the forground, all I do is hit windows key and then the letter
4.  ching ching. Up pops the winamp player.
Peter Logue

From beautiful Helensburgh on the firth of Clyde.