[access-uk] Re: Victor Reader Stream and Audible

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 14:34:59 +0100

Hi Barry.

Last time I looked in to this, you couldn't sign up to Audible US from the UK, it simply redirected you to the UK site to complete your purchase. In addition, if you do manage to sign up to the US site, you'll have to pay VAT on top of any US pricing, and this along with the conversion rates can absolutely kill value for money. I know what you mean as there are plenty of books that I want as well which the UK don't sell, however its all down to the rights the UK team can negotiate with publishers. If you feed back to audible the books your interested in, there's a good chance they may be able to source the rights to distribute those books so its worth getting in touch as I've had a modicum of success doing this.

All the best, Ibrahim.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>