[access-uk] Re: VISTA and recording with GoldWave

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:36:40 +0100

Narator doesn't get recorded. I don't understand why because you appear to hear it through the sound card (speakers just the same) but obviously it bypasses the sound card somehow. No doubt someone more technical than I am will have an answer for us! <Smiles>

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Monday, March 31, 2008 5:27 PM (UK time), Andy Collins at andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Carol - Narrator is still there in Vista, and can't see why it
couldn't be used in the way you have use it in XP; clearly, Goldwave
doesn't record Narrator then! I assume it doesn't record system sound
either? You'll have gathered that I haven't done much recording in
Goldwave yet! -

Andy ----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Douglas.

Same here mate.  I have a lovely new crispy VISTA computer
yet
I'm
using
my really old Packard Bell to record radio shows tonight.  I
really do hope that VISTA is not going to prevent me from
using GoldWave and recording "What you Hear".  I'm waiting on
some advise from the experts in this regard, but my gut
feeling is that copywrite is so important, they will only now
allow you to listen and not record just about anything coming
through your computer..

I really do hope I'm proven wrong here as recording audio is
very
big
part of my interest in computing.  without this function,
then
there
is
little in computing for me I'm thinking.  If you manage to
get around this problem, please let me know about it eh?

Very best wishes.

Andy.