[access-uk] Transferring files to new computer

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:47:01 -0000

Hi all.

I wish to copy a huge amount of files from my old xp home computer to my new
media centre computer.

As I've got a Belkin Broadband Router, I was thinking of setting up a
network.  I got a tutorial on this from a member of the BCT List, but found
it very complicated.

Am I not right in thinking that I can connect both Inthernet sockets
together using an Inthernet cable?  If this is correct, is it a special kind
of cable or will the one   which I've got to the Router be suitable.  Also,
is setting the software up to do this very difficult or will I be able to do
this without assistance from a sighted person?

Best wishes.
Andy