[access-uk] Re: TVonics Setup Questions

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 11:09:22 +0100

Hi Carol

Yes, I now have both and I'm happy too, mainly because it's exactly for me
as it is for you, old school! (smiles).

In fact, I've now managed to record a couple of programme series from the
EPG and, for those who said you couldn't delete stuff from the HD, you can.
We tried an experiment last night as I found it staggering that you would
have to wait for the HD to fill up before you could delete its contents.

We recorded, just for the hell of it, 10 minutes of Channel Five news as it
was just something short and sweet to try out.  We were watching something
else, so set a timer for it.  When it started, we got an audible
announcement while we were watching another channel.  After Britain's Got
Talent ended, which is what we were watching, we went to see if the Channel
Five news had come out, and so it had.  Then we went into the library and
deleted it.  Our library was then empty, so I don't understand what people
mean when they say you can't delete programmes from the HD because the
instructions and those I followed clearly worked.  It says in the manual
that you can delete recordings and timers.

If I'm missing something, or have got this wrong, then please accept my
apologies.

So far though, so good.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns