[access-uk] Re: Suggestions for a good digital camera suitable for a totally blind person please?

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:25:07 +0100

Can I suggest that a small video camera works better. Being as it's
capturing images all the time, there are bound to be some good shots you
can lift from it. Perhaps not as crisp quality as a digital camera
though. The FLIP is pretty good and accessible and has an arm that folds
out of it and plugs directly into your USB port.

The onboard software isn't so hot but if you're hoping to get sighted
people to work with you on finding those good images it should be fine.
The onboard software allows you to take a frame from the video and save
it as a photo.

They're about 80 quid now and very small. Lots of sound clues beeps and
double beeps as you record and stop recording. It's nice.