[access-uk] Re: Speech Recognition program

  • From: "Terry Clasper" <terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:11:27 -0000

Hi Andrew.
I'll try to be brief here because the solution I need to speak about is
produced by the company I am the MD of and I don't want to unfairly
advertise on the list!

Dragon is frankly the only Speech Recognition program which currently is
worth looking at, although at some stage in the reasonably near future
Windows Vista will have something viable to offer with it's speech input
module.
However Dragon and any Screen Reader will not properly interact with each
other if simply installed side by side.
The most effective interface is with Dragon and JAWS and this is provided
through a product called I-Say. The Jawbone product which Chris mentioned in
his reply was in fact discontinued around 3 years ago.
for more information about the I-Say product either visit our web site at
www.tandt-consultancy.com
and navigate to the I-Say page, or contact me off list and I'll be pleased
to further assist.

Very best regards and apologies Christine if this message is slightly out of
list boundaries!