[access-uk] Re: RNIB and Sendero Group release GPS Solution.

  • From: carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 23:41:53 +0100

IT's RNIB Navigator.

Does anyone know who's been working on it at the RNIB that we might contact
with some comments, please?

It's a good start but, if we're to continue to pay on a monthly basis, which is
how it appears to me, I'd sure like to see more information given and to know
what commitment Sendero is going to give to continue to develop the app.

I've personally been a little disappointed with the POIS for which i've
searched. Surely, RNIB and Sendero should be liaising quickly with 4Square
about those places which just don't have enough information. I was looking for
the Barclays banks in our area and only found mine by inputting just the word
"Barclays" because the second word was "Premier". When i finally found what I
thought was the right one, I couldn't check the address because there wasn't
one and I'm not 100 percent sure of its direction from our home.

With the various apps available over the past few years, we've always had so
many POIS which just haven't been adequate and I feel it's time that those
creating the apps should put in more effort to ensure information is obtained
so that we don't have to go through this stage of not getting the information
we need yet again!

Anyway, as I've said, it's a good start but there are probably enough apps out
there that give us more information and are free at present. (If this is not
so, please tell me because I'm no expert in this field, just a casual user from
time to time!

Carol P