[access-uk] Re: Problems listening to Radio WM

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:58:27 -0000

Hi Alex

I think the software you are referring to may well be Media Player Classic,
which is part of the Real Alternative software, and this is completely
separate from Windows Media Player although it might well be able to play
wma files.  If you don't need this software any more and would prefer to use
the ordinary Real Player for playing Real Audio, you could go to 'Add/remove
programs' in control panel and uninstall "Media Player Classic"     *not*
Windows Media Player. alternatively you could open Real Player, go to Tools
> Preferences and adjust the types of files that Real player plays by
opening the 'Contents' branch of the tree view, selecting 'Media Types' and
adjusting the settings.  If this doesn't work (and it should do) go into
media player Classic and adjust its options so that it isn't the default
player for real audio.  Sorry, I haven't got this on my system any more so I
can't give you directions.  If it's still not working, get a few beers in
and forget about it.

Good luck

James