[access-uk] Obsolete Accessibility

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 19:39:48 +0100

THANKSHello,
Last night's In Touch has caused me to reflect on the Taylor frame and what
makes an accessibility product obsolete. I remember the Taylor frame from
schooldays and thinking about it, I cannot come up with a product which was
better able to demonstrate the layout of an arithmetical problem. Many's the
sum I've had to calculate using the frame. A calculator may get the answer
right more often than me but it doesn't help in showing how the problem can be
worked out. If we are really to achieve greater numeracy among the visually
impaired, perhaps it's time the Taylor frame made a comeback.

Iain.