[access-uk] Re: New Jaws 6 activation

  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:09:45 -0000

Hi Ali,

When you have to do your bi-annual move, it should not be
too much of a problem.  Here is an extract from the FAQ in
JAWS 6.0 about Activation.

"Can I remove the Activation License Code from my computer?
Yes. This code can be deleted from a computer, but cannot be
moved to a different system. To do this, open the Start menu
and go to the JAWS program group. Then, open the Tools
submenu and choose Remove Product Activation."

If all else fails, call your dealer and explain the
situation.  Provided you allow a few days, you should be OK.

George.

and
> was told that it was not possible as the computer is on
the
> specific directorate and belongs to that unit.  I
installed
> this jaws once on this computer, when I move six month
time,
> I will have to install it on to another one.  Then six
month
> down the line, I will have to move and install it onto
> another machine.  What about after the third install?  In
> this case, is it not be possible to ask for floppy
instead?

> Ali Amasyali
> National Management Trainee (NMT)
> Hackney Town Hall

my
> anti-virus software off while taking the authorisation
off,
> but also many time the program wouldn'tperform properly
and I
> had to use jaws in demo mode while waiting for a new disc
and
> for someone who runs server rebooting every 40 minutes
sure
> was annoying.  Maybe this authorisation is not perfect
yet,

> maybe there are problems, but I'd sure rather use this
over
> that ancient
>
> floppy disc way.
> Vanja
> MSN messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx
> AIM: vanja121
> Skype: vanja121
> http://www.sudar.co.uk

Maybe there
> having
> some problems.  But it's a hell of a lot better than using

> the bleeding
> floppy disk the way it used to be done.
>
> Jonathan

Eric D from FS
> two years ago at sight village.  Even though I don't use
the
> product, I
> could tell that the activation scheme was unjust.
>
> All the best
>
> Martin Roberts
> Blindness Sales & Support
> HumanWare Europe Ltd
> office:  01933 626000
> Mobile: 07940 788748
> E-mail:   martin.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Skype:   mproberts
> MSN:  roberts_martin@xxxxxxxxxxx
> www.humanware.com

has gone
> >through it.  In spite what FS are telling you, the truth
is
> a different
>
> >matter. Why not  try it for yourselves?
> > You can install that CD as many times as you like, sure.
But you can
> only
> > Activate three times. You get your jaws on three
computers
> and that's
> it.
> > After that you have to call FS. Right now the response
is fast, but
> > perhaps
> > not in a year or so. And if you have no access to a
computer? Well,
> > there's
> > a 1 800 number to call or you can do it by snail mail.
> Otherwise your
> > screwed, unless, as FS say themselves. You can activate
> from a sighted
> > friends computer, if you can trust that person. Job
Access With
> Sighted
> > Help. You know what? I tried a demo of window eyes 5.0
and