[access-uk] Natwest, Card Readers - the helpful bank, or the wasteful bank?

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:50:49 +0000

Hello all,

I've just been on the phone and have been told that to get a touch tone card
reader, I first have to order a standard, inaccessible reader by going online;
Then wait up to 15 days for it to arrive; then phone Actionline to say I can't
use it, and order the one I wanted in the first place. This seems barmy to me,
but is it correct? If so, it seems to me that it's a waste of their card reader
and my time. Has anyone else had experience of Natwest online banking using one
of their card readers? Is the Touchtone card reader any cop, and how does it
work?

Thanks,
Clive

Clive Lever