[access-uk] Re: My sent items folder has accidently emptied itself. Is there a way of getting the sent items back?

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:46:07 +0100

Hi Alexander,

For retrieving your lost e-mails there's a tool which may be able to do this called DBXtract
http://www.oehelp.com/dbxtract/default.aspx
I've used this successfully. It saves recovered e-mails as .eml files and if you want to reincorporate them into Outlook Express you have to drag and drop, which sometimes I could get JAWS to do and sometimes not.

It's advisable to go into the file menu and select "Work offline" before compacting in case OE tries to download e-mails while compacting. That might have been the cause of the error...

I'm not sure why else specifically this would have happened. If you're worried about it, you could get a registry cleaner as errors there may have caused this problem. But personally if it was me and this was the only error I'd leave it for now.

Also I'd encourage you to back up e-mails regularly by copying the .dbx files in Windows Explorer.

Catherine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxx>