[access-uk] Re: Maps on the iPod Touch

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:27:07 -0000

Hi Jackie -

I haven't had time to play more so far, and understand what you say about connection for the Touch, but maybe the iPhone does better being online.

The maps give the choice of routing by car, bus, or on foot. I can see times when this will be a help. For example, ahead of setting out in a reasonably familiar area, but not too sure where a destination actually is. Or when in a car that doesn't have sat nav, or in the case of personal experience last week, when trying to get around Cardiff using a Garmin sat nav, with out of date maps, it would have helped to use the free wi-fi connection in the hotel, to look at the route ahead of setting off, and to even keep the programme open when in the car to check on the directions, which I imagine will stay on screen after wi-fi connection has been broken. It might even be possible to save a route as a favourite, not sure on that one yet. Anyway, not a complete replacement for something like Way Finder, but still a useful and free tool -

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>