[access-uk] Mains supplies/chargers?

  • From: "Andy Collins" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:42:50 -0000

Hi all -

I'm using the Ministry Of Sound personal dab radio which seems to eat it's way through batteries every 4-5 hours! To save on this, I have hooked it up to my surround sound system, using a mains power adapter/charger. The one I'm using didn't come with the radio, but I have lots of these powerpacks from all kinds of different appliances I have bought through the years, and I'm wondering if because the radio is working using one of them, if it's actually safe? In other words, are all these power supplies standard, whether they double as chargers or not? Am I safe doing what I'm doing? Could doing this damage the radio? I'm guessing that it's safe, but needed to check for peace of mind.

Thanks

Andy