[access-uk] Looking for Help with a Soundcard and SPDIF Settings

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 14:35:22 +0100

Hi List.

I'm connecting an external soundcard to my PC so as I can make use of its SPDIF
connection, and while I can see the device showing up in all the places you'd
expect to see it, Playback and Recording devices for example, I can't get any
audio through it. It shows up as being present, but being not ready. I'm at a
bit of a loss as for what to try next. Can anyone suggest anything obvious I
may have missed while installing this thing?

So to summarise, I've got an optical connection between my Sky box and the
external USB soundcard. The soundcard is appearing in Playback and Recording
Devices in Windows 7, but with the "Not Ready" proviso.

Thanks to anyone with advice on what to try.

Darran