[access-uk] Re: Learning a different language

  • From: "ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 22:23:35 +0200

I saw level 1 of Pimsleur once, and I really don't think it's worth it. Half the time you speak the same stuff over and over and it's not structured, like it doesn't have lessons in structure where other language courses will start off with greetings, then go to restaurants, hotels, grammar etc, the Pimsleur I saw just makes you learn phrases, disconnectedly and a lot of the time you just repeat the same phrase over and over again, "I am an American" "I don't understand Danish" "I understand a little Danish" They also become borring and after a while you just get the feeling the people are going through motions. Ari