[access-uk] Re: Information needed concerning special mobile handsets for the blind

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:21:40 -0000

Hi Sam,

Talks is able to do all the 4 points you listed and much more. So it is up to
you to decide which phone model best meets your needs and you want to go for. I
recommend that you visit,

http://www.scansoft.com/speechpak/talks/

Where you will find more information about Talks and a list of phones which can
run it, and I think there are links on that page to read more about each
handset from that list. As well, after you get more details from that webpage
you could visit your local mobiles shop to have your hands on these handsets,
and then if you have a question about a particular phone model post it here and
someone hopefully will be able to help.

I am not sure if anyone on this list would give you their account number and I
don't see why you will need that anyway. After you make up your mind about
which mobile you are getting, you could get it from any place where you live
and then if you contact Computer Room Services I think they can sell you Talks
and then all you need is to install it on your mobile. I think many people have
done the same when they couldn't find a local Talks dealer in their area.

Cheers,

Amro