[access-uk] Information needed concerning special mobile handsets for the blind

  • From: Sam Glorious <samgloryous@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 03:52:29 -0800 (PST)

Dear Sir/Madam,

            Compliments of the New Year to you. It is my sincere wish that God
continue to strengthen you in your efforts towards making life worthwhile for
the visually challenged.

            I got some information about some mobile handsets that can be very
helpful for a blind/visually challenged individual that I believe can be
secured with your assistance that gives an option of two speech output systems
for mobile phones available at present. One being Talks software, which I
gathered is a screen reader for a mobile phone. This can run on the Nokia 9210I
and on phones that run the Symbian series 60 operating system. I also gathered
that the Nokia 9210I and phones that run the Symbian series 60 operating system
which includes Nokia 3650, 3660, 7650, 6600, N-Gage, and the Siemens SX1 are
obtainable in your part of the world. I learnt the software is available from
Computer Room Services for £150 and that customers need to supply their own
handset.

Since I reside a long way from Europe I will need your assistance in making a
choice on my behalf by being more specific about the features or functions
possessed by any of these mobile handsets with regards to the following;

* Ability to announce/echo a character when struck

* Ability to read a typed text message before being dispatched by user

* Ability to read caller?s number

* Ability to read text message from a sender

* Portability similar to the common handsets e.g. Nokia 3325, Sony Ericsson
105, etc

            I look forward to your reply. I will want you to send an account
that I can pay to enable you purchase a handset with this special software on
my behalf and send it via any courier service, i.e. DHL, UPS, etc, to me as I
have longed to secure this product for a long time now. I just hope you will
understand and bear with me as I do not know of anywhere where these products
are sold in my country, Nigeria. I look forward to hearing from you with
regards this issue soonest.

            Thanks.

Yours faithfully,

Sam Glorious.