[access-uk] Re: IOS5 gains and losses?

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:57:33 -0000

Hi Andy,

First, you have to download the IOS5 in the normal way for an upgrade, via
ITunes, and only after that, with the additional functionality, will you be
able to download IOS updates via the Cloud, if you wish.

Siri is an electronic personal assistant, again operating from the Cloud
somewhere (in other words a server off someone's computer, somewhere) and he
can accomplish certain tasks.

You may wish to join the ViPhone list which is a real good source for
information, if rather a busy list.  I am not sure that this will work, but you
could try to send an email to

viphone+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and see what happens.

There are lots of discourses with Siri on YouTube.

--
Carol P