[access-uk] Re: Home Network to include all My Documents

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:52:07 -0000

Hi Andy,

On each computer, go to the My Documents folder, and press Alt-Enter instead
of enter to reach properties.  Move to the Sharing tab, and make sure that
the computer is set to share that folder for both reading and writing.  The
default name will be "my documents".  So for example, if you have a computer
called andy, and you want to access andy's my documents folder, you can just
go to the run menu and type \\andy\my documents to reach the folder.  Not
the double backslash at the beginning.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Steve