[access-uk] Help please?

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:07:24 +0000

Hi all,
As part of my course I had to do an HTML page that is supposed to ask
the user to enter the speed of their CD/DVD-ROM drive and it then shows
them the actual speed. However, because it requires Onclick both JAWS
and Window-Eyes cannot activate the button. How can I make Onclicks work
with screen readers?
If you want the web page in question, please write to mee off list and
I'll gladly send it to you for you to look at.
Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.
P.S. I'd like to thank everybody for helping me out with the command
prompt query. JAWS read the box beautifully, apart from a few occasions,
particularly in the "edit" programme, whereby it either read part of the
screen or it didn't read anything, plus it read some garbled characters.
I really appreciated your help.
Christopher Hallsworth
Skype name chrishallsworth7266