[access-uk] Has anyone else had problems obtaining a Braille copy of a manual for an Indesit product?

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:37:41 +0100

Hi all,

A couple of Christmases ago my parents purchased an Indesit WIDL146 washer/dryer for me.

As I have had problems with the fuse in the drying section to such a degree that the fuse has had to be replaced twice, I need to learn a little more about the machine.

Because I can read some print using visual aids such as glasses and magnifiers I did not ask for a Braille manual when the item was purchased, however due to the problems I have had I contacted Indesit customer Services today and asked them if a Braille manual was available.

I was told that although Braille front panels were available the manual was only available in Normal Print, Large print, CD and .PDF formats. When I suggested that it would be difficult to use the more computerised formats of the manual near the machine if the customer's computer and washing machine were in different rooms and therefore there should be a Braille copy available, I was told that one of the reasons there was not a Braille copy available was that the machines came from Italy .

Has anyone ever managed to obtain a Braille manual for any Indesit appliance?

Alexander Shannon