[access-uk] Re: Has anyone else had problems obtaining a Braille copy of a manual for an Indesit product?

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:42:17 +0100

I don't think it is very likely that a braille manual for this machine is
already in existence unless someone has requested it to be transcribed by the
RNIB so that's the best place to look I think.  Secondly whatever is the root
cause of the fuse blowing, this may not be immediate from perusing the users
manual.  Fuses blow when something is trying to draw far to much power in the
circuit such as a heating element.  When fuses blow regularly it usually means
an electrical fault exists somewhere in the circuit and just replacing the fuse
will leave such a fault untouched.  Perhaps taking a look at the thermostatic
control would be worth doing, in certainly requires further qualified
investigation.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology