[access-uk] Re: Fw: [vicsireland] Digit-Eyes Audio Labeling System Advances Independence For Visually Impaired

  • From: "Barry Hill" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:58:24 +0100

Can you see Jaws selling for a 10th of the current price, or the makers of
that barcode reader that was mentioned a few days ago selling it for 3% of
the current price.  It's just not cost effective. How can a company like
these compete with free or $30 apps?

I'll tell you what, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a board meeting at
Henter Joyce when the subject comes up of Mac's or the likes of NVDA.

Cheers

Barry