[access-uk] Re: Free website builder

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:39:34 +0100

Have you considered using a writing style called Markdown?
Rather than formatting, the styling is all done by simple, human readable
characters. So you know that what you hear is exactly that people see.
It's very screenreader compatible, too, because it enforces standardisation
and best practice in document layout.

Combine this with the Github Pages service and your existing domain, and
you have a site for free which can be written entirely in a plain text
editor and uploaded with simple text commands.

Does that sound interesting? If so, let me know and I'll put together some
instructions.

Let me give you an example:

The text below is written by me like:

#Heading 1
-----

This is a plain paragraph.

> And this is a quote.

And it comes out like it should appear in your email below.
Heading 1

This is a plain paragraph.

And this is a quote.