[access-uk] Re: Can anyone sell the iPod touch to me?

  • From: Barry Toner <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 13:21:12 +0100

Hi,

Yeah, have a look at the App Directory.  It catagorises the apps by type, eg
Business, Music, Social etc.

There's a heap of Mac information on the web but here's some specific ones
dealing with Voice Over and other Visually Impaired folks using Macs and other
Apple products.

> > Their UK address is www.apple.com/uk

> www.apple.com/accessibility

> > There are many podcasts on Apple products. Some are listed on our

> site www.bcab.org.uk and many more reside at www.blindcooltech.com and

> more can be found by searching for Vision Australia Apple podcasts.

> > Good sources of information can also be found at

> www.macessibility.net and www.mac-access.net

> > Useful email lists are:

> > aiphone-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>  > > Other lists can be found at Mac-access and by searching for mac- >
> visionaries and viphone though these last two are very heavy and  >
> memberships have to be approved. There are many more too.

> > One really useful site is www.applevis.com where there's all sorts

> > of

> info about the iPhone and reviews of apps, and there's a great podcast

> and website called All With my iPhone, think the url is

> www.allwithmyiphone.com

There's alsoa  nice little site bya  young Blind girl in New Jersey in the US,

http://chicksdigmacs.net/

So, plenty for you to read up in that lot.

Regards,

Barry.