[access-uk] Re: Can Someone Help?

  • From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:13:47 +0100

Hi, As accessability goes I think its fine, everthing seems to be labeled correctly and when tabbing between edit boxes, radio buttons and checkboxes the labels were read.

Because its quite a long questionnaire it might have been better to divide it in to a couple of separate pages rather than having it all on one page, but I'm thinking that would come more under usability than accessability.

The other thing I noticed was in the last few questions where the respondent was asked to mark something from 1 to 5. The radio buttons for these questions were only labelled with the number rather than the number plus whatever the number stood for. This information was given at the beginning of the series of questions but it would mean that if you forgot you would have to go back to the start of those questions to check.

I was using WE 5.0.

HTH
Yusuf
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa Hodge" <theresa.hodge@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 10:45 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Can Someone Help?

Hi All

I need some help from people who use a couple of different screenreaders ...

I am involved in a project where a questionnaire is being put on a website for staff and students of a university to complete about their experiences as a disabled person working for / studying at the university. I've now used a couple of different online questionnaire systems and have views on both.

I wonder if some people could look at this (please don't spend much time, just a quick overview) and give me some comments on how accessible it is? The link is http://esda.awardspace.com/staff.htm/

In my opinion, the online version has been developed to look very much like the paper version - but I'm not sure it works online. I'll reserve any further comments until I have some feedback!!

Anyway, see what you think ...

Theresa Hodge
theresa.hodge@xxxxxxxxx