[access-uk] Re: Attachments

  • From: "Mark Threadgold" <m.j.threadgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:52:43 +0100

Mandy,

Outlook will block certain attachments that microsoft feel can harm your
computer.  I get around this by using with outlook 2000 a free download
called outlook attachment options.  Available from

http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm

This installs another tab in the options dialogue window for attachments.
Within this new tab you can define what attachments outlook blocks, or more
usefully, does not block.  I just hit the move all button and have all and
any attachments allowed through.  You then rely on your antivirus to catch
anything nasty, of course, but that's fairly common sense anyway.

hth,

Mark Threadgold

Of all the things I have ever lost, the thing I miss most is my mind....