[access-uk] Advantages to using a third party zipping utility?

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK " <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:22:47 +0100

Hi,

As the subject says, I'm wondering if there's really any advantage to using
a third party zipping utility such as WinZip, over the one that comes with
XP....especially since the release of V9? Apart from security, is the
compression supposed to be any better? Going from memory last time I used
8.1 on 98 Se, you had different compression options, which is something I
don't see in the utility offered by Microsoft, which perhaps isn't all that
surprising.

As I'm entitled to a free upgrade, thought I'd enquire.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews
E-mail: mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx