[access-uk] Re: Advantages to using a third party zipping utility?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:49:37 +0100

The XP Help files are useful:-

George.

To create a zipped compressed folder=20
Open My Computer.=20
Double-click a drive or folder.=20
On the File menu, point to New, and then click Compressed
(zipped) Folder.=20
Type a name for the new folder, and then press ENTER.=20
 Notes

To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My
Computer.=20
You can also create a zipped compressed folder by
right-clicking the desktop, pointing to New, and then
clicking Compressed (zipped) Folder.=20
You can identify compressed folders by the zipper on the
folder icon.=20
If you share compressed folders with users on other computer
systems, you may want to limit the compressed folder names
to eight characters with a .zip file name extension.=20

=20

Henshall
> Sent: 09 September 2004 12:46
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: Advantages to using a third party

> zipping utility?
>=20
> Mark, like Ray, I didn't know XP had its own compression=20
> utility.  Where would I look for it, please?  I do use
Winzip=20
> 8.1 but I'm just curious.
>=20
> Cheers,
> Sandra.=20
>=20
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to
>=20

=0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee Groupshield.