[access-uk] Adobe Reader8 problem

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:06:05 -0000

I have been trying without success, to install the latest free Adobe Reader
(8.11) on this lap top running Vista. Originally I used the same installer as
on
my XP machine, but when it failed to work, I downloaded a new copy making
sure that it was the correct one for Vista.

When I run the installer I immediately get a message
"Another instance of this program is already running.  You cannot run
multiple instances at the same time."

The same message is contained in a file _nosso_error.log which is created.

Has anyone experienced similar behaviour with this or any other
application?  Frankly I am baffled!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison